Monday 2 September 2013

A Rainy Run in Kyoto

OHAYO GOZAIMASU KYOTO!

I love this place. It's full of shrines, temples, history, alleyways, shops, hidden cafes, restaurants, and so, so much more that I don't even have words GAH!

We only had a small taste of the culture and history here yesterday, which will continue in force today despite the rain.

I started today with a run, with the ultimate goal to explore the Kyoto Botanical Gardens. I haven't run in about a month.


I didn't even get close to the Botanical Gardens. :)

I was huffing and puffing by the time I made it to the first major intersection, and by the time I got to Kamo River, I was soaked by the rain, and blisters were already forming on my toes. I'm a horrible excuse for a runner.

However, I got to run along this for a while:


It's even more beautiful in real life. I think I'm in love.

My stats:
2.13 miles
33 minutes
9.37 km/min pace

No comments:

Post a Comment